Back at it!

baltiggle

Hi:
I've been at this flying business for a long time. From age 18 to 48 I flew anything I could stuff my (then) skinny butt into. I walked away from every landing with a whole body and an undamaged aircraft
(except for the occasional hole poked in the airframe by unfriendly gunfire.) Then one day half way through a ferry trip I decided that it would be as good a day as any to cease tempting fate. My piloting skills turned to model aircraft, at first in the control-line ring. But as the pages flew off the calendar the spinning around began to continue long after the tethered plane was back on the ground. Something had to change! And so I turned to RC! And so came the epiphany: I was a seat-of-the-pants flier, and there ain't no seat for my pants (now size 42) in any model airplane! Now every landing resulted in wounded pride:cold:, busted plane and FOD policing on the runway. So I gave it up, for a long time. Then the Parrot AR Drone popped over the horizon. I'd walked around with my hands in my hip pockets so long that I felt their constant proximity to the prior source of my flying ability would stand me in good stead with a craft that could be flown with a phone! Besides, I could nurture my skills indoors with no one but my dog watching. Then came the Muri/MacGuiver mod, and certainly my fingers could do as well on the sticks of the RC as on the screen of the phone. They did! So here I am, an 87 year old Newbie. How about an old pro cluing me in on a good power combo (motors, ESC's, props) for a Y6 Scorpion I'm daydreaming and ready to start collecting pieces for?:tennis: