AVroto Motors

Good question! I would like to know this, also. They appear to be quite capable, but I don't want to buy six of them just to find out!

I need 9 of them 8 plus 1 spare so yes would love to know before I buy, however I also have a set 12x3.8 I could use.

perhaps the question should be, best motors for 14x4.7?

Ryan -

I have a few Pulso motors that have really nice build quality, so I was looking for some Pulso motors that would work with the 14x4.7 props. I learned that Pulso has either been bought out or switched names or something, and that here in the US their motors are now called "Cobra". They are distributed by innov8tivedesigns.com, among others.

Anyway, they have some good data regarding which props are well suited for each motor. They even break it down for the situations where you are using a 3S battery versus a 4S battery.

The Cobra 2826-12 motor (for $60 each) seems to be perfectly suited for a 14x4.7 prop - provided you use a 3S battery and not a 4S battery. http://innov8tivedesigns.com/Cobra/Cobra_2826-12_Specs.htmOn the other hand, I suspect one could just limit the 'throw' of the throttle on the TX (or use a throttle curve) to ensure that the RPM's on the motor do not get too high when using a 4S battery.

I'm not quite ready to make the purchase - too many other projects going on. But I thought I would share my findings with you. Plus I thought it would be interesting to ask if a $60 motor is somthing you are thinking about, or if you are more looking at the "RCTimer-or-Turnigy-price-point". :)