XAircraft Avroto motor mounting issue

Helijib

Avroto motor mounting issue on X650

Hello.
Just received my Avroto short shaft motors but I'm having trouble mounting them to the X650 motor mounting plate as the mounting plate screw heads bump into the base of the motor. This motor is just a bit wider in diameter than the stock motor.
Just wondering if anyone has a work around for this?

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I've made mounts for the Avrotos for some people on here. If you need some shoot me a PM. Give me the diameter of the tubing they are going on. They are very lightweight and strong.

Helijib

Thanks a million for the heads up. I need to look into this issue a more tomorrow but I'm might actually take you up on it.
Could you send a few photos of the mounts?
The main tube are off the X650, off hand not sure the diameter... I will check.

Thanks for the message as I really appreciate it.

robone

Hello.
Just received my Avroto short shaft motors but I'm having trouble mounting them to the X650 motor mounting plate as the mounting plate screw heads bump into the base of the motor. This motor is just a bit wider in diameter than the stock motor.
Just wondering if anyone has a work around for this?

Thanks so much in advance!

I am assuming you are talking about the original X650 and not the X650V. Anyway, if it is the X650, it is easy. You will mount using 2 holes. Take a 3mm drill, make one mounting hole bigger and on the other mounting hole, which is diagonally opposite, using the same drill bit, elongate the hole outwards so that the mounting holes line up with the motor.

Using it like that on my Hexa quite successfully.

Helijib

Thanks for the info.. I'm talking about the X650V-4 frame.
Yes, I could use just two holes but I don' think I can make the third hole work on the X650V.

Would I be crazy to use just two screws...

Last edited by a moderator: