Autocar admits to commercial flying while unlicensed

Cheshirecat

They don't specifically say it wasn't flown by a pilot with a PFAW, they just say that you need a licence to operate one (although it isn't a licence) unless i missed something.
i agree that if done without PFAW the CAA should investigate or there is little point.

Ronan

Where do they say they do not have a permit/license?

They said:
The downside to drones is that, technically, you need a licence to fly and film with them commercially in Europe, and the laws governing their use in public spaces are becoming stricter by the day as their popularity grows.

It could be interpreted both way's... but unless they said 'which we do not have' or something along those lines, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Dave_EP

The problem is that they used the word 'technically'. Leave out that word and we'd all be assuming they were in compliance. Add the word in and it introduces enough doubts, including suggesting to readers that they too could get away with using them without a 'license' because while you 'technically' need one, in 'practice' you'd get away with out it.

For those of use spending silly amounts of money doing it legally, it's disheartening to see so many other people getting away with not doing it right.

FerdinandK

Wide open area ...
no crowds of people ...
nobody else (than the crew) put in danger (of a copter falling at their heads)
no other houses (backyards, ...) in the video
no privacy disrespected,
just cool stuff and the answer to the pressing question ...

There are really a lot of crazy, questionable, hazardous videos (even "legal" ones) on the web (worth to be investigated), this one is just great!

Simply a number of guys lamenting about the amount of money they spend (at their own risk, and at their own responsibility). Focus on your business, success and pointing on somebody else does not coincide.

best regards
Ferdinand