ARRIS FPV250 stabilizing with CC3D in Open Pilot

Just got my Arris FPV250 and set it up with my spektrum radio with Open Pilot. I took it out and flew it and it felt quite unstable and drifty. I learned to fly on a little Hubsan x4 but this is nothing like that. If I go forward and then bring the stick back to neutral it will continue to drift forward until I pull the stick backwards. It doesnt auto-level like my really cheap mini-quad did. Is there some tuning that I can do on open pilot to fix this or is this standard for a real quad? What PID and other tuning can I do to stabilize things.
-Thanks!-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are you aware of the different flight modes that can be selected via a switch on the radio? which firmware are you using?

Yes, i have switched between both flight modes and I'm not sure what you mean by firmware

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I guess you've hooked the flight control board up to your computer and have looked at the settings and stuff that are available? when you flip the mode switch that you've set up do you see the modes chance in the computer display?

Firmware is the software that is running on the CC3D board to make it able to fly. Some people run the OpenPilot CC3D firmware, some I believe run the Baseflight Firmware. As for PID's, I think you said in another thread you were going to try using PID values that you found online for a similar size/weight quad.....I think that that's an ok idea.

Make sure though that you're actually switching flight modes when you're flipping the switch.

violetwolf

What Bart is saying is that you must program both your radio and flight controller to talk to each other. Then there are settings on both that can be changed to make the behavior the way you like.

Drones are complex flying robots and there is a ton of studying and research to be done to educate yourself. It took me about 6 months to wrap my head around. Now several years later I'm still learning every day. In fact that's why I'm here too.

Don't get discouraged. Stick around and read and learn.

What Bart is saying is that you must program both your radio and flight controller to talk to each other. Then there are settings on both that can be changed to make the behavior the way you like.

Drones are complex flying robots and there is a ton of studying and research to be done to educate yourself. It took me about 6 months to wrap my head around. Now several years later I'm still learning every day. In fact that's why I'm here too.

Don't get discouraged. Stick around and read and learn.
I've downloaded open pilot and downloaded the firmwear and gone through all the setup wizards. I'm just wondering if anyobe can give me tips on pid tuning.
thanks