Arm Extension Plate - Aluminium or Carbon fiber?

JB2013

ChrisViperM

1. Weight will lead you towards the carbon plates.....

2. After a crash, aluminium will be bent....no chance to get it straight again. Carbon will flex and get back to its shape....or scatters.

Go for Carbon...

Chris

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Well, i am not planning to crash!

Nobody ever plans to crash but mechanical / electronic failures, objects not seen are part of any flying hobby that lead to the best planning coming undone it is not IF you crash but WHEN you crash

You will only find the true limits by exceeding them

Not being negative just realistic the best pilots in the hobby still have model / ground / object interaction from time to time

Kilby

Attachments

• ext02.jpg
    ext02.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 260
  • ext01.jpg
    ext01.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 324
  • extArms01.jpg
    extArms01.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 306

SMP

I bought a set and kilby's right, definitely stronger than the arms themselves, super light, everything's drilled correctly and they just look sick ;) ;) Get em quick before they get snapped up.

t.rexxer

Hi Kilby,

If these are still available, these would be great for later plans for my 450. I only need four but a good price on the set will mean a couple of spares for the inevitable crash as I'm a noobee to MR's. :nevreness:

Let me know.
Thanks.
t.rexxer

I do actually have one set left. I had them milled from 3mm carbon fiber. Extremely strong. The arms would probably break before these extensions would.

Let me know if you are interested. I'll give you a good deal on my last set.

View attachment 13101

View attachment 13102

This is what they look like installed.
View attachment 13103