Are DJI Prices Universal?

adanac

Not certain yet, but I may have settled on the S800. Are prices DJI regulated? Some websites appear to have identical prices.

Dubliners

Generally the only way you'll get one cheaper is to buy it from someone on the classifieds. The prices are typically identical from the official outlets.

Dubliners

Forgot about Europe. Us Americans are so self focused ;). So there's your answer, if your east of the pond, you're in luck.

adanac

I think I may be off DJI now in any case. I've just had a major DJI dealer basically refuse to sell me an S800, saying they're terrible and won't properly fly a GH2. He said it's impossible to stably fly a GH2 with any bird costing less than $8K, which might leave me out of the game altogether.

Dubliners

Well I'll say this, I have a friend flying an S800 and a gh2 and he has produced one of the best pieces of footage I've seen on here. Maybe he just got very lucky but there's a lot of good footage on the show and tell from the same set up. Still if a dealer tells you that it's a little concerning for you.