AR800 can't find DX8 even though successfully binded / bound.

So I'm sure I'm just missing a simple step, but here's what's going on.

I successfully bound the DX8 and AR8000 following the tutorial found in this video.

Quadrocopter Tutorial - DX8 Radio Binding on Vimeo

After I bound it, I was sure to test it's binding by turning off the DX8 and unplugging the AR8000 and turning both on again, to find a successful connection as the AR8000, antenna and TM1000 all had solid orange lights.

So I then plug everything in to the naza v2 and ar8000, including the GPS, ran the naza assistant to the best of my knowledge by following video tutorials and manuals, unplugged the f550 from the computer, and instantly found the LED to be blinking orange. So I research and find that means the receiver can't find the transmitter. I power cycle everything, check my connections, try again to no avail. I then went to the extent of rebinding the AR8000 and DX8 to see if that helped, but again, nope.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Again, I'm sure I'm just missing some simple step, but thought maybe you guys might have some insight. Whenever I turn everything on the led blinks / flashes orange.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
From memory I think the AR8000 must use a satellite Rx, cannot be stand alone like some receivers, did you have a satellite plugged in as well?

Pete

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Oh, I noticed you have the TM1000, so no bind plug.

I assume you mean the Naza LED is blinking (the receiver has an LED too)? If the receiver light is solid then it's not your transmitter or receiver that's the problem, it's a naza setup thing. Connections plugged in the correct way round? Telemetry hooked up correctly?

I followed the video I quoted in the initial post 100%, so no, I didn't remove the bind plug until everything was paired. I have read some threads talking about in order to make the fail safes run properly you need to remove the bind plug from the AR8000 before turning on the transmitter and pressing the bind button. Thoughts on this? Should I try that route?

As for the blinking, the AR8000, antenna and TM1000 are all solid, which to my knowledge is good. The Naza LED is what's blinking orange which according to the manual means the receiver and transmitter can't find each other. During the Naza Assistant setup the transmitter works and I can calibrate the throttle and other sticks. It's when I unplug the F550 from the computer / Naza Assistant that the blinking light occurs. That's why I'm confused.

To my knowledge, and after double checking everything, I believe I have all the cables plugged into the appropriate slots on the Naza and AR8000.

Benjamin Kenobi

If you're using the TM10000 you don't use a bind plug, press the button on the side of the TM10000 whilst connecting the power. There's a small stick thing you use to press it. You bind to the TM10000 not the receiver (kind of).

It sounds to me like a problem with your assistant setup. Go through everything again.

Sorry about that, I meant that I was using the bind stick, not the plug. I responded to this as soon as I woke up at 530am, I need to watch my words more closely.

I used the bind stick, not the plug, during the binding process. I kept it stuck in throughout the entire binding process. I've seen some fail safe setup tutorials that say to take the bind stick out before turning the transmitter on and holding the bind button. I have not attempted that yet. Do you recommend attempting that instead?

If you think it has to do with the Naza Assistant, what should I be looking for? I've binded the transmitter / receive twice, and after each bind I've gone through the Naza Assistant. So in other words I've tried everything twice and received the same blinking Naza LED.

Benjamin Kenobi

You don't need the stick pressed in the whole time, just powering up until the receiver lights are blinking. But I don't think that's your problem. If the receiver lights are solid you're fine on the transmitter end.

On the assistant I take it everything moves/activates as it should? You can select the different modes with your switch and the various status bars highlight blue on the assistant?

You are talking about a constant yellow flash not a double flash every second (which is normal in ATTI mode)?

Keep going over the setup. Something will click. If not today then tomorrow. That's how it goes at first.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Have you checked that you have the correct receiver type selected in the assistant software. I think you get the choice between Traditional, S-Bus and PPM. Traditional is what you need for Spektrum.

Thanks Ben! Yup, receiver lights are solid, Naza LED is constant flashing. Everything responds in the Naza Assistant as I believe it should. I'll keep trying tonight when I get home!

Carapau, good thought! But I have always kept it set as traditional. Thanks for the idea though!

pangloss

i'm having this same issue, constant red blinking but full battery. the rx light is red, but the tx isnt received in the Naza.