Apm Turnigy 9x and frsky issues - 6 flight modes

Booda

I have Turnigy 9x flashed with Opentx and have just installed Frsky DJT module and D8Rii-Plus Receiver.

I am trying to get flight modes configured as per this tutorial:
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/mode-switch-setup-for-turnigy

I have wiring as follows:

D8R II APM
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 blank
6 5
7 6
8 7

I setup channel 5 as per the tutorial, doesn't work. I am however able to setup on channel 6 on my transmitter.

Problems I'm having:
Step 7 - on ID0 I have no movement on pwm at all
Step 8 - Same thing no movement to adjust pwm

*** Even thought trasmitter setup channel 6 instead of 5. Mission planner switch working and changes from 1428 - 1553

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzab

It sounds like you are almost there. Have you assigned the various switch values to the modes you want in Mission Planner? Initially they are all assigned to 'Stabilize' so even if you move the switch you won't get different flight modes.

Go in to the section of Mission Planner for 'Flight Modes' under 'Initial Configuration' and with your system connected to Mission Planner (either by telemetry radio or USB cable) move the switch. You will see the six boxes highlighted as you move the switch. You need to assign whatever flight mode you like to the six boxes and then press 'Save'. They probably did it this way because there are a lot more than six flight modes so you need to decide which six you want and in what order you would like them on your Tx.

For safety, make sure the props are not on your copter while you do this if you are inside.

Booda

It sounds like you are almost there. Have you assigned the various switch values to the modes you want in Mission Planner? Initially they are all assigned to 'Stabilize' so even if you move the switch you won't get different flight modes.

Go in to the section of Mission Planner for 'Flight Modes' under 'Initial Configuration' and with your system connected to Mission Planner (either by telemetry radio or USB cable) move the switch. You will see the six boxes highlighted as you move the switch. You need to assign whatever flight mode you like to the six boxes and then press 'Save'. They probably did it this way because there are a lot more than six flight modes so you need to decide which six you want and in what order you would like them on your Tx.

For safety, make sure the props are not on your copter while you do this if you are inside.

For whatever reason I was unable get Pwm set for couple flight modes. I started over using apm guide on YouTube for RC Joseb and everything worked good. Did notice a servo wire had red/black crossed. I now have 6 flight modes set and also ch 7 set for my auto tune to test out.

Thanks for reply. Appreciate it