APC 12x6 thin Electric

Efliernz

Pete
I use them on my HoverflyPro 2800g quad. Lots of power and the narrows fly through the 15-20mph turbulence much better than wide SF blades.
I also use them on my DW VM6 hexa (3200g) but they had too much power so I chopped them to 10.5" !!!

Pete

Chalagi

And I thought that my 2700G quad was heavy. With that type of weight what battery size do you guys use? My quad is a Carbon core X4 650 at around 2700g and I"m in the market for some new batteries and I was wonder what you use. And the 12x6 thin electric props I thought were for some light quads or hexa's.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Hey are good props. Downsides are that they are on the heavy side, they are a pain to balance the hubs, and they dont break on impact. Other than that they are nice props and are cheap and readily available.

Chalagi

Well I have the carbon core X4 650 quad and I ordered a set of 13"x6.5 props so with these props running (2) 4S 4000 batteries in parallel would it be to much for the quad?

Chalagi

Thanks Jack, I was thinking with that kind of weight the esc's and motors would be getting hot to the touch. My carbon core quad using a 4S 5000Mah battery with 11x5 CF props made a couple of my motors pretty warm. Today I was thinking about trying a set of 10x4.5 props and some 13x6.5 props to see how they work and my AUW is at 5 lbs right now

Chalagi

Yea, I'm just having trouble finding the right prop size for my motors. I ran a 10X4.5, 11X4.7 and a 13X6.5 and the motors were really warm on all the size props. Tomorrow I should have a set of 12X3.8 props here and I will try them if I get the same thing then I have some resistance in the electric part of the quad.