AP Trip to Alaska

Adidas4274

Here is my final production level video with using AP

I'll post more info on my rig and some raw videos!

It was a great trip and had bad weather to deal with (lots of rain!)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm with ya,,,,, but i'd be pokin at them halibut

Very cool. What gives you the ideas of all the different types of shots put together like that? It looks just like tv, how do you do that? I try and it's hard to bail stuff, but you bail gobs, and it comes out right. little of this, cut to that, back to this............ i need to learn that mindset

Adidas4274

thanks for the compliments....

as for editing styles... well I am really a science/math/logic thinker and not much of the artistic/creative type so i need to rely on others creative ability. In short... i watch others videos and then think how I can apply their creativity to my content.

For this video and the other 2 I am still finishing my wife and I sat down and make a shot list.... then went out and flew/filmed and checked the list off when I got what we needed.

Due to weather we didnt get some of our shots (the 3rd video I am working on now was shot in the rain and I flew almost 8 packs in the rain!)

here is some more aerial shots from that first video

Stacky

science/math are creative enterprises. Dont think you arent creative because you are. Even the act of mimicking what you see from others is a creative act because you end up adding in your own spices to the mix and after doing it for a while you end up with your own style. I was fortunate enough to do an Arts degree in photography at the Royal College of Art in London. One of the most important lessons I was taught there was that everyone has the ability to be creative, its just a case of recognizing and utilizing what you are doing. The example given to me at the art college was the fact we all dream and we all have aspirations which are a creative manifestation. The difficulty lies in being able to express the thoughts or ideas into a medium others can share. So, again, you are creative and its something you can develop.

Nice Job, I bet you loved being up there. We were probably up at the same time :)

Here is some footage from a shoot I did in King Salmon Alaska. Just got back a couple weeks ago. I Spent 6 days up there puddle jumpin in a Cessna 185 from river to river. We were looking for bears to film, but every time we would land, the bears would wander away into the brush. It was indeed an awesome trip, and cant wait to go back for another gig.

EDIT:
Video removed

janoots2

Nice job adidas, i'm at that same stage... Now that i can get good AP footage, you realize another long learning curve lies ahead with editing. I love this hobby due to mixture of engineering/creativity/technology/aeronautics/computer skills/electronics/etc, etc. Just goes to show the knowledge, skill and dynamic thinking it takes to produce good RCAP video. What program do you prefer? I found premiere is best for stabilizing and i like final cut for editing because im used to imovie. Hope you had a chance to hook into some of those monsters! The video worked on me, already checked out their site for a trip :)

Adidas4274

Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah editing is harder and a longer process for me than the RC stuff.

I use Vegas pro for editing, not really tied to it, but they are all so expensive that I use what I have.

I use mercali by prodad for stabilization when needed.

Yeah I have been up there fishing a couple times.

It's a great place to stay a week that is for sure!

I know I am probably a years worth of work away from having content that follows the general rules of photography and videography.