AP system/Gimbal for full size Gyrocopter

So a friend of mine operates a fleet of 3 gyrocopters which he uses to run tours. We've used his machine for a number of still shoots....but the limitations of shooting video while leaning out the side of a flying suicide machine are pretty easy to see. . I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience or knowledge of an affordable gimbal system that i could rig for it. Seems to me like I could could use a fair bit of tech form the RC universe to make it happen. AV200+skyline+custom mount? Thoughts? Idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm back and forth between US and Costa Rica. Copters are located in Costa Rica.

what are the rules in Costa Rica? Are the heli's certified or experimental? Affixing a camera mount to the airframe might constitute a modification and require applications/certification with the country's aviation authority. This is more true for certified aircraft especially if they're being operated for hire.

Any idea how it works down there?

Hmm, that's something to consider, but I don't think they are particularly concerned about about that sort of thing down here. When the government figures out a way to fix the elephant sized potholes on the major highways in the city, maybe then they'll start checking for cameras on small private aircraft. Enforcement of any laws is pretty much non-existent here. Good thought though.