Anything that flies......(or floats)

DougMcKenzie

I have been involved with fluids for the last 51 years since I watched my father do his first parachute jump.

Why fluids? Because the following year I learned how to swim and ever since then have been hooked on anything to do with the air or water. This is my latest foray in the aeronautical world and short of either flying a fast jet tactically or going into space, probably my last.

I had to give up skydiving, flying (everything from helicopters, fixed wing, microlights, gyrocopters, paragliders, hang gliders and balloons) as well as SCUBA diving a little while ago when 'life' caught up with me.

Having sold a lot of expensive kit that I'll never be able to use again, I looked for something else to occupy and excite me. I only have one regret.

WHY did I not find out about this activity/sport/pastime/hobby/occupation or obsession (closest ;)) much, much earlier? I'm hooked. Badly.

I started with A DJI Phantom 2 and soon upgraded the transmitter (before I knew about the UK 25mW limit) and then added a set of Skyzone goggles to complement my Black Pearl 7" screen. I now have a separate bag to carry all my antennae.

Then I started watching 250 FPV racing on Youtube. I'm now building two whilst at the same time reading up about how to fly my P2 with the FrSKY Taranis X9D+ that arrived last week. So far I've managed to change the screen to the colour I want; nothing more.:rolleyes:

I've only joined a few of the many forums that accommodate multirotor flying and picked on this one because it was praised in another that I joined.

If anyone has any advice on how to stuff my FrSKY X8R into my P2 so that the gimbal works properly, I'd be really grateful. :D

I look forward to being here and learning a lot.

Doug