Anyone using Droidplanner?

Kilby

My first APM is on the way and Im plotting out my next moves. I'm thinking of putting it on my tiny little 250 sized h-quad and using it for autonomous flight (or at least trying). Has anyone had much luck with APM & Droidplanner?

juvinski

Hi Kilby
I had used Droidplanner and Andropilot with 3Dr and both works ok

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

dazzab

I'm just now having a play with it as I'm testing the 'Follow Me' functionality it provides. It's just had a major release and it looking great. I haven't had any issues with it. I run it on a 7" tablet that could be mounted above my TX below the video screen. I really like the audio feedback of battery capacity and flight stats. Mission planner does that as well but I'm not always around my laptop when flying. Apparently the 'Follow Me' function is being updated as well with some new features which I really want to use. Right now it only flies about you when following but I think in the near future it will have offsets which is exactly what I need for doing some video of rowers and motorcyclists.

juvinski

Hi,

i not use guises yet but looking on Andropilot I found on Settings -> Vehicle some parameters of lead and guided flight, i think is interested to Take a look

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Hi Kilby, how's it going?

I especially like the survey function on Droidplanner, works really well. Make sure you check out Droidplanner 2 which is in Beta ATM. They work well with my Nexus 7 and s4 phone.

jlcortex

This is my setup to use droidplanner!
I am using orange LRS as telemetry datalink, it is very simple and elegant solution.

Attachments

• 2009-05-27 09.57.09.jpg
    2009-05-27 09.57.09.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 2009-05-27 09.57.51.jpg
    2009-05-27 09.57.51.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG-20140610-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20140610-WA0003.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG-20140610-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20140610-WA0005.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 319

Old Man

The autonomous mission was nice to see but what was the cause of the wild gyrations and altitude issues at the 10 second hold point and landing way points? Smooth those out and the autonomous flight control system would be spot on!

I have an APM 2.6 in a 3DR quad and really like it btw. The aircraft is small for serious payloads but those using the X8's are doing some really great work with Go Pro sized stuff. Toss in the autonomous capability and you have a very capable system.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Those problems are likely to be tuning errors, so a user problem, not the program.

You can stick the system on any size machine you want. It could be set up to fly a Blackhawk if you were so inclined. ;)