Anyone used this gimbal/rig setup?

PCMAerial

Pieced together a s550 (mini s800) after upgrading from my old DJI F550. Also bought a gimbal but wondering how to connect it all together.

Gimbal is assembled, controller board has been soldered. Now I don't know where to connect it all? There was no software or manuals included so I wasn't sure of everything. Pics provided below. I have bought a 1100mAh 3s for power

-2 Axis Gimbal (DYS Motors)
-S550 Hexacopter
-Naza v2
-Simple BGC Controller

Mainly wondering where do I connect these wires from the controller to the motors, and from the motors to the controller? Maybe I'm just TOO much of a gimbal noob, or did I miss a thread?. Anyways pics are below. Thanks for any help!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 355
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 358
  • photo 4(1).jpg
    photo 4(1).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 361
Last edited by a moderator:

Jason S

I am going to guess that the two connectors on the one side of the board three prongs coming out. One is roll and the other is tilt.

Then I going to guess the bigger one is for tuning

PCMAerial

I am going to guess that the two connectors on the one side of the board three prongs coming out. One is roll and the other is tilt.

Then I going to guess the bigger one is for tuning

Thank you sir! Took me a while last night to also realize those ports were Pitch/Roll. And had no idea this thing connects by Mini USB. Looks like I'll go buy one.

Now I just need to figure out how the heck to mount and tune this thing. Seems like another language lol

tombrown1

Pieced together a s550 (mini s800) after upgrading from my old DJI F550. Also bought a gimbal but wondering how to connect it all together.

Gimbal is assembled, controller board has been soldered. Now I don't know where to connect it all? There was no software or manuals included so I wasn't sure of everything. Pics provided below. I have bought a 1100mAh 3s for power

-2 Axis Gimbal (DYS Motors)
-S550 Hexacopter
-Naza v2
-Simple BGC Controller

Mainly wondering where do I connect these wires from the controller to the motors, and from the motors to the controller? Maybe I'm just TOO much of a gimbal noob, or did I miss a thread?. Anyways pics are below. Thanks for any help!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.basecamelectronics.com/

Go to the downloads section. There will be a manual there. I'm guessing you have 8-bit. Your supplier will know for sure.

PCMAerial

So I've got the gimbal mounted and kind of balanced. I'm now wondering how do I connect the gimbal to the receiver? I have the pitch and roll connected. But there is no additional wire to connect to the receiver. Anyone know what I need here?