Anyone use QBrain for ESC

SFC76

I use an EMAX 4in1 25A, so can't really share experience. I do like the fact it makes for a clean build. In retrospect, I would have liked a Q-Brain (or Quattro) better than the EMAX, for the latter is quite thick (and has protruding screws). I had to get creative on my SK S500 frame to fit it inbetween the upper and lower plates.
One thing which I do like about the EMAX is that the ESC's are modular, so you can replace them if needed. As far as I know Q-Brain does not have this feature.
If you can place the unit on a central spot on your frame, it can benefit de COG and has a small footprint.

F

fengshuidrone

I see this is an older post but I'll post anyway. I love my (2) Q-Brains. I have one 25 amp and one 20 amp. Never had a problem with either plus they come with a 4 into 0ne adapter for easy calibration. It does make for really clean builds. I have had people ask me where I hid my ESCs so well. Unlike SFC76, I have had a bad experience with the E-Max 4 in 1. I started out with that (because it was so cheap) before switching to q-brain. One of the ESCs in my E-Max 4 in 1 burnt up before my first flight along with one 980 Kv E-Max motor. They both just smoked upon power up. Nothing was hooked up wrong. I couldn't find a replacement ESC module. After that I switched from e-max to Q-Brain and Turnigy Multistars. Never looked back. Never had any more problems. If you have a fairly standard Quad X design with four booms sandwiched between two body plates, this combo ESC is perfect.