Anyone still fly MULTIROTOR? AP SHIP? NOT DRONE!

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Just wondering if anyone still building and flying MULTIROTOR, diy aerial photography ship... Or everyone has getting "drones" ... Seem like the RC community is now accepting "Drones" as the reference name... even this forum is now all about "Drones"

:(

Yeah, unfortunately the word "drone" won out over multirotor. Give credit to the media for using it over and over again in negative articles. I still try to be correct and say multirotor but everyone recognizes the term drone.

Area21

Area21
Across the UK modelling community there is a slight move towards using Multi Rotor, Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft rather than the word Drone, because technically a Drone is any unmanned aircraft. :)

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
So what we fly is manned? The overwhelming media use is Drone. I have a store and no one who comes in the door asks to by a multirotor.

Old Man

Media conditioning. Reporters are lazy. Less column space is used up with drone instead of Multirotor.

I would say that drone means autonomous. Meaning it can fly a mission without any operator inputs. But everyone says drone so I guess drone it is.