Anyone see Winged Planet?

jcmonty

Just was watching Discovery channel, and they were featuring there new documentary: Winged Planet. It's basically planet earth but for birds. Besides their normal awesome film work, they used a multirotor, which they talked about a little (it's used on the flamingo scene). Looked like a droidworks x8 with a AV200 and a GH2. They also showed this awesome "vulture"- plane that had a gimbaled camera with an operator.

Definitely worth watching!

ZAxis

Just was watching Discovery channel, and they were featuring there new documentary: Winged Planet. It's basically planet earth but for birds. Besides their normal awesome film work, they used a multirotor, which they talked about a little (it's used on the flamingo scene). Looked like a droidworks x8 with a AV200 and a GH2. They also showed this awesome "vulture"- plane that had a gimbaled camera with an operator.

Definitely worth watching!

It was show a few months back on BBC in the UK under the title of Earthflight. A superb series typical of BBC/Discovery productions. The series included a making of which was fascinating to watch. I remember the 'vulture' , the 'Making Of' showed the full story of its use and near loss . It is available on DVD in the UK and well worth buying if you want inspiration.

andy

I watched it last nite here in the US. It is great to see the multicopters truly being used for this great application. I could tell when the multicopter footage was used, I believe. There were times that it wasn't 100% stabilized as compared to their other footage. Also, I think the color was a bit off. The technology is only going to get better!! Great job.

One more thing.... Today on discovery they are crashing a large jet ( on purpose) and in the preview it showed a multicopter taking off.... It is right after the new episode of Mythbusters.