Anyone flown a Drone at High Elevation?

I'll be heading to about 9,000 feet high in future times, just wondering what drone would be best for it? If anyone had flown at that altitude (Above Sea Level).

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
There have ben MANY that have flown at high altitudes and you would be surprised at how much lift is lost.

I had heard that @kloner took a large "RED EPIC" lifting rig up into the mountains like 10K feet above sea level and after trying everything could only lift a GoPro with the massive rig.

Thin air = no lift.

hjls3

I live at 8000 - fly up to 10k all the time - very familiar with where Kloner was - he was closer to 13,500 or so. @SleepyC is absolutely correct - WAY DIFFERENT THEN SEA LEVEL - I guess no shock there - to give you an idea - my NEX flyer here is built for a RED.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
It's all "OK" it will just be weather or not your rig can get into the air!
Try it, if it takes 80% throttle to lift off, ya might want to change something around.

Air is thinner
Less oxygen
More nitrogen

I imagine thrust will be weaker & you batteries will finish quicker because they're RPMing excessively to yield you the same power.

Mike Chevalier

flyandride
I live at 7000 and have flown quads at up to 10,000 ft. I've never flown them at lower elevations so I don't know what I'm missing. I notice a little less thrust at 10k.
I recently bought a 250 racer RTF and suspect it was setup at sea level. It came with 5030 x 3 props, I replaced them with 6045 x 2 and it flies much better and doesn't sound like it's working as hard. Flight time is also longer.