XAircraft Any Xaircraft guys in SouthWest UK?

Hi chaps,

We're having problems with calibrating the compass on our SuperX. All other calibration goes without a flaw each time but no matter what we do we can't seem to get past the green and red LED when it comes to sorting the compass out.
The only time the constant green LED comes up is when the throttle is centred. We've tried everything we can think of and reseaarched over and over and it's just not happening. Xaircraft UK never answer their phones either.
Does anyone have any suggestions or is anyone in the South West willing to meet up to take a look at our very grounded beast?

All the best

dazzab

Hi chaps,
We're having problems with calibrating the compass on our SuperX. All other calibration goes without a flaw each time but no matter what we do we can't seem to get past the green and red LED when it comes to sorting the compass out.
Can you describe how you calibrated the compass and what the status light was showing at each stage?

After the Neutral and Reverse calibration the battery was unplugged from the flight controller
The throttle was put to the lowest point
Battery plugged back in and the lights flash double slow green
Flight mode switch is flicked rapidly to enter compass calibration mode, red green rapid flash
Obviously we dont want a red green flash at this point and the only way to get a steady green is to set the throttle to centre point.
When we turn the copter the light remains steady green and doesn't flash to indicate a successfull calibration.

H Guys

Nice to see someone else in UK with SuperX

I can see where you are going wrong.

Check the manual from page 14 onwards

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0239/9015/files/XAircraft_SuperX_Manual_EN_v1.9.pdf?850

You need to toggle the flight mode switch a second time to enter compass calibration mode

Then follow instructions as per manual.

Hope this helps.

Oo, another SuperX user! Are we a rarity over here? :)

I wish it was that easy.. Unfortunately I missed out that part of the description. We have been toggling a second time. Followed the instructions to a tee.

dazzab

Oo, another SuperX user! Are we a rarity over here? :)
I wish it was that easy.. Unfortunately I missed out that part of the description. We have been toggling a second time. Followed the instructions to a tee.
Actually, after toggling the switch the first time and getting the blinking you describe it should then start flashing slowly. Then you toggle the flight mode switch again to enter calibration mode. So something else is wrong. Are you near any metal, have a phone in your pocket etc? You need to be somewhere where it can see satellites. You aren't by chance trying this inside?

Actually, after toggling the switch the first time and getting the blinking you describe it should then start flashing slowly. Then you toggle the flight mode switch again to enter calibration mode. So something else is wrong. Are you near any metal, have a phone in your pocket etc? You need to be somewhere where it can see satellites. You aren't by chance trying this inside?

We've tried it inside a building, out on the moors and in various other places. It's been left for a good five minutes to see if it'll find a GPS lock and still no response.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
Something certainly wrong - GPS connection? My Super X typically locks up to GPS very quickly 2mins or less. A Naza V2 in the same location can take 5 minutes or not at all.

Something certainly wrong - GPS connection? My Super X typically locks up to GPS very quickly 2mins or less. A Naza V2 in the same location can take 5 minutes or not at all.

I live quite high up in an open rural area so Im pretty sure it doesnt have a problem finding satellites. I'm getting the OSD module in a few weeks so will be able to find out for sure but SatNavs and phones have no probelm getting a strong GPS reception.