Mikrokopter Any experience (flight time, payload, stability) with ADX-3, ADX-4 or similar MK's?

ctbon

Has anyone had any experience with the (for lack of a technical term) over/under motor/props like the Droidworx ADX-4 or ADX-3? How would they compare with having the motors all on separate arms? What would be the advantage? Disadvantage?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Has anyone had any experience with the (for lack of a technical term) over/under motor/props like the Droidworx ADX-4 or ADX-3? How would they compare with having the motors all on separate arms? What would be the advantage? Disadvantage?

Some of the advantages of the coax design, redundancy, if one motor fails it is not typically catastrophic like it would be with a regular quad losing a motor, you can generally get it back on the ground without crashing though you may not have the same level of control as you do without a failed motor. Broader area of view (X3) for doing aerial Photography and video, the arms are spread out more so there is less likelyhood of having them appear in the cameras field of view.

Disadvantage, tendency toward more vibration, they use more battery power with 2X the motors.

I have an X8 I recently built and find I prefer the traditional approach of Hex or octo to the coax for a number of reasons I don't have time to go into right now.

Ken