Another noob needs help with a incoming quad

bc6

QuadCopter Noobie
Hey guys Im very new to the world of quads but not so new to e-helis and other RC vehicles. I decided to get my feet wet with a Hubsan X4 now I want more. I ordered a DJI F330 kit which I think I'll really enjoy a lot size wise and repair cost wise. The kit I purchased does not come with a BEC, it comes with the standard DJI electronics package (listed below). I need to know what kind of BEC should I get (please post a link) to the one you think I should get thanks.

- 1 Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board
-1 x DJI F330 Quadcopter Frame
- 4 x 18A OPTO ESC
- 4 x 2212 Motor
- 2 pair x 8" Propeller CW & CCW

Last edited by a moderator:

stauntonflyer

Psychopath Labratories
Bc6,
any 5V Ubec should be fine, if you are only powering the K than a 5 amp will work. I'm surprised it dosn't come with some sort of power module.
"Input Voltage: 4.8-6.0V (from Hobby king)"

bc6

QuadCopter Noobie
Thanks stuntonflyer, I'll pick one up asap. I guess it kind of make sense not to include a ubec so the user can choose what type of fc he/she wants to use. Just my uneducated noobish thought lol.

stauntonflyer

Psychopath Labratories
No problem, most FC either have a power module (bec) of some sort or are backfeed from the ESC, looks like the KK dosn't and Opto ESCs don't have a BEC built in. I just had to do the same thing on a build with Opto ESCs.

Frame kits never come with any electronics except maybe a power distribution board (PDB).