another newbie

Travis meyers

Hello from Illinois. Just got a striker drone for Christmas after wanting one for a long time. A buddy has a phantom 2 and he loves it. I wanted to start off with something cheap to make sure I enjoyed flying and also could be decent at controlling one. Love my little striker but my only issue is it loves to drift to the right and I can't seem to get it to stop. Already know I enjoy flying *already got about 5 hours on the little thing* so I'm thinking of going with a more expensive drone but just not sure which one since there are so many. I do know I want a fpv drone. But I tend to ramble so again Hello there.

FLJim

Hello Travis and welcome to the forums! Going inexpensive to start is a good idea. Just keep in mind that the lower end drones are designed to be soft on crashes and simple (aka inexpensive), so they won't have the most accurate parts. That could be contributing to your drift. I know my little practice RadioShack drone loves to drift no matter how much trim I give it. And as soon as I think I have it hovering steady...it starts to drift in a new direction. I just finished building a 250 and it likes to drift too, so maybe it's just the nature of the platform and until you get outdoors with a GPS equipped unit we just have to learn to compensate for the drift when flying.

Hoki

U should try hovering high off the ground and away from anything that could bounce the wind back to the copter