Another brilliant enthuasist

dazzab

I think we need a specific thread to post these in. Something like the 'Wall of Shame' thread.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Just a very misunderstood stupid person, really he didn't see the signs!!

Hi Dazza, long time no see, still flying at the Nth West field? Have not been over there for a long time, might have to go visit the guys one Sunday morning.

Cheers

Pete

dazzab

Hi Dazza, long time no see, still flying at the Nth West field? Have not been over there for a long time, might have to go visit the guys one Sunday morning.
Warning - Off Topic Follows

I've been spending Sundays taking photos and watching the Canberra UAV team get ready for the Outback Search and Rescue Challenge coming up in September. See the CUAV Flickr site for photos.

It's pretty amazing all the work they have put in and how interesting it is to see civilian search and rescue systems being developed. As you know, there's some damn clever people on that team. A friend and I put together a video for the Deliverable 3 requirement of the challenge that might be of interest to others.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I was at the same place last year...

Had my quad with a GoPro with me....

....and it didn't leave my car :cold:

Old Man

I do like how the Ozzies have encouraged interest and activity of the public in the design of sUAS systems. Providing the venue for them to standardize their mission criteria while exploring open design formats really pushes the creativity levels and improves reliability and efficiency.

Dazzab, I agree, there should be a thread to post the antics of the morons that are doing all they can to ruin our businesses and hobby.

rwilabee

The only saving grace is that he lost his investment for being an idiot. Now if they would fine the crap out of him! This kind of stuff ruins it for everyone it even escalades to the guys flying RC planes in legal areas when the FAA starts looking at this stuff.

Rich

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Warning - Off Topic Follows

I've been spending Sundays taking photos and watching the Canberra UAV team get ready for the Outback Search and Rescue Challenge coming up in September. See the CUAV Flickr site for photos.

It's pretty amazing all the work they have put in and how interesting it is to see civilian search and rescue systems being developed. As you know, there's some damn clever people on that team. A friend and I put together a video for the Deliverable 3 requirement of the challenge that might be of interest to others.

Great, thanks for posting that Darrryl

haha49

over time the metal in the quad will break down causeing it to leach into the pool. Then you also have the lipo which has some really bad chemicals inside it that can't be good for the pool...

People do stupid things all the time problem 1 was flying over water... problem 2 was not knowing the equipment. Problem 3 inexperanced flyer. (that's why they crash human error)

Heres an example of someone who just doesn't know the stuff he is using. (the guy flying not filming) Doesn't know what mode why it's dirfting ect.