And another.

voo2doo

Just joined the forum and was wanting to buy a multirotor.I was looking at the Blade 350 QX .Can anyone tell me if this is ok for a newbie?
​I am 30+ years into Rc but have never owned or flown a multirotor
Thanks in advance
James
[h=1][/h]

RobertsUp

Please check that craft out at rcgroups.com. There's a thread devoted to it and there's a separate failure thread. The 350qx is having propellor failures in some instances.

voo2doo

Rob,i'm new to all this,what would you recommend .I liked the idea of return home and GPS.Is there anything out there that would suit me?
J.

RobertsUp

I'm really not qualified to recommend anything. All I can do is retell my story. Last February I began researching what ought to be my own first mr. Last winter the forums were full of stories about Dji component failures. The videos of building the Dji 450 and 550 kits led me towards the basic frames but I knew I didn't want those proprietary Dji motors and props. So I decided to build a hybrid. Using the Dji f450 frame and arms but figuring out how to install better motors and propellors. My craft flies beautifully. And because I built it, I'll know how to fix it when it crashes again.

broomtarn

Cool! Thanks for sharing Robert. Would you be willing to mention the make of the components you added -- the motors and propellors?