Amazed noobie for Oklahoma

Noobie

Hello,

I am from Oklahoma and I do not have any experience with RCs at all :( . I recently watched a video on Youtube that got me searching the web looking to see what was out there and After Three wasted days at work I have decided that I am HOOKED and MUST build some sort of MultiRotor as soon as I can. I am simply amazed at the ability and the technology that is available and the possibilities of these devices.

I have been searching the forums looking for some group/step builds and think that I have found one that I want to go for here. At this point I am feeling overwhelmed and excited all at once with so may options I am going to need lots of advice I am certain. So with all that said I hope to learn enough to be some help here on the boards at some point. If anyone has recommendations for getting started flying ASAP to start this learning curve I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for all the effort and help that is going to be needed!

Tide68

You have joined the right Forum , I am a Newbie as well with no current RC experiance......in fact even the liPo batteries are new to me and present a learning curve but my experiance here has been a good one. The people on this forum have been quick to help and not talk down to me because Im a Newb. I decided to go with an "almost ready to fly" kit with the DJI F550 , Futaba T84G transmitter and Naza M Lite......I still have not flown as of yet but hope to do so soon. I have been learning as I go while building and programming and I have to do the work thing in between to keep the lights on. If you are looking for a "fly right now" kit.....Im sure someone on here will have some really good suggestions but for me the f550 was the way to go.
Good Luck!

Noobie

Tide68,

I have been reading here and following the Group Build??? thread by Bartman. I am pretty excited to get started learning about the hobby and would have to agree with you that this forum looks like it will be a huge help with lots of information.

What would you say has been you biggest challenge so far with your DJI 550 build? The group build was going to be working with DJI 450 with a Naza M V2. I have never flown a RC helicopter of quadcopter so I am looking at buying a Blade Nano to get some practice.

Tide68

Tide68,

I have been reading here and following the Group Build??? thread by Bartman. I am pretty excited to get started learning about the hobby and would have to agree with you that this forum looks like it will be a huge help with lots of information.

What would you say has been you biggest challenge so far with your DJI 550 build? The group build was going to be working with DJI 450 with a Naza M V2. I have never flown a RC helicopter of quadcopter so I am looking at buying a Blade Nano to get some practice.

I would say it has been the Futaba programming ( I had to find some YouTube videos to help ) and the LiPO battery. I have never used them before and have already ruined one by letting the volts drop too low.
Good Luck!!