Altitude loss, low power

vpimagery

Spent all day yesterday filming in all sorts of conditions, calm, windy, sunny and cloudy. About a dozen flights and they all went great. Went out this morning in calm weather and I seem to be getting more flashes (green imu data lost and a few white flashes here and there...although got it once or twice yesterday and all was well). Today doing forward flight following a runner, it was taking a lot of effort to keep the thing airborne. I could hear the motors making a lot of "adjustments" and at one point it took almost full power to keep it from descending into the ground. I was in attitude mode the whole time. It's on the latest firmware. I have never made any changes to the gains.

I'm hesitant to fly the rest of our shots this morning because of this. Really felt underpowered at times, but then it would "snap out of it" and handle normally. Any ideas?

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you give us some more information about your aircraft? I was experiencing similar problems on my DJI S800. I had just added Secraft retracts and then the same issues you are describing started. I attributed it to being marginal on power. My understanding is that the WKM likes to have plenty of headroom in terms of power to weight. Has anything changed on your aircraft to make it heavier?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Solar Flare?

But seriously, a cable wiggling around hitting the IMU? What was the wind like? I flew up a mountain yesterday and the 30mph gusts just completely knocked my yaw control to pieces. Also got white flashes. But that was just because of the wind.