FREEFLY Systems Alpha 7 ii

I did a couple searches and could not find any using the alpha 7 ii or R ii for use. The question would be is if the extra in body stabilization adds to the movi gimble (or any gimble for that matter). If there is a video of it on and then off I would love to find that.

Thanks

-Cody

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm not sure but @econfly may be flying a similar combination.

back before gimbals were any good, in-camera image stabilization was usually a bad idea as the camera and gimbal would be fighting each other. the Movi is so smooth though I can't see a camera having any trouble with it unless the ride is really rough!

but that doesn't really answer your question, sorry about that.

That is kind of my thought. It will either help it, but only a little, or it will hurt the performance. Knowing the in body of the alpha 7 ii is about 6-700 more knowing that data would really help me make up my mind. I am not into being the lab rat. Have done that already..lol.

-Cody

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
you're in South Dakota so not sure what your options are but if you have the gimbal already couldn't you rent a camera body and give it a try? some camera rental places will ship the equipment to you so maybe it's possible?

I just picked up an a7s II. I'd give an air review but the Alta doesn't show up till December. On the ground, so far it looks stunning. Especially if you are good at post and can navigate s-log workflow.