All the gear & no idea

JohnnyGee

Hi, I'm new to this game having no experience of multi-rotors other than playing with a Blade mqx & making a hopeless mess of flying it. I cannot believe how strong the thing is!
I used to fly (crash ) control line aeroplanes in my youth so now 40 years on I will spend some time along with my mates teenage son trying to get something to stay in the air.
I have bought a bag of bits to build a Turnigy Talon v2 quadcopter and hopefully have a bit of success with it.
At least the lad has some powers of coordination when it comes to these things unlike myself!

This is also the first time I have used a forum so I hope this posting stays up!

SoCal Blur

Well, you could always tie a string to your quad and spin around in circles until you get the hang of it. LOL Just kidding. I remember flying the gas powered control line planes as well.

JohnnyGee

Hi SoCal Blur,

That's not such a good idea as the control line planes didn't last very long before being turned into matchwood!
I've just given the lad an old diesel engine that I used to use, a PAW that's over 40 years old, it will be interesting to see if it still works.

Johnny Gee, I have software:
"Phoenix 4 RC Flight simulation" which I paid $129.00 for.

I no longer need it and will sell it for $59.00. ( or a reasonable offer)

With it you can hook up your radio ( I use a spektrum DX8) to a PC and learn not to crash.

Call me at 781-244-5655 if you are interested.