Align Multicopter Align G3-GH Gimbal - Is ANYONE Happy??

uavblue

Hi Denny,
Thanks for the tip on Yunecc. Took a quick look and is interesting. I will study it more this weekend.
On Cameras, I saw your nighttime videos of the X5 and A7; very cool. My question is this: almost all reviews rate the Alpha 6000 above the A7. Have you tested A6000? Also, I think the coming Alpha 7000 will make the A7 obsolete. Its a great package for aerial. Small, light, and e-Mount lens. Much less copter and gimbal required. I use a LANC microcomputer interface that allows mew to control zoom, shoot, continuous shoot, record and timed shoot from the ground. Though no setting control. That could come later with a new interface. I hope Sony has a way to power the A7000 besides battery. It seems like a lot of the design is done in a vacuum.

uavblue

@Bart
I do believe that DJI have done a lot to embrace what has historically been a frustrating problem. Still needs some work though.
Customer support from Align factory is non existent and relies on dealers and distributors who are left in the dark. It would seem that they are only interested in local market and the model business is just a sideline anyway. The cultural differences between them and China is still one of 'take the money and run.' Walkera is another place to NOT GO.

Can't disagree there. I don't know why companies do not realize there is a lot to learn from their customers. China and now Taiwan(Align) make many things in the UAV business extremely frustrating but the US has nothing so you are stuck. You can barely buy metric here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't comment on the 6000 because I don't have one, but I do think that Sony have totally overtaken Canon and Nikon with a dedicated series of cameras that are specific to certain requirements.

GoPro cameras are made for a specific job. The lens is prefocused close-in to render objects such as a face sharp. They also require a very wide angle of view and the lens distortion is of secondary importance. That is not a good starting point for an AP camera.