ALEXMOS UPDATE to 2.0 - Found problems and fixes for the new software update!!

PilotMan

So Im guessing that some have tried and run into the same issues with the update to 2.0 and no luck as I ...:upset:

Well..... Found two issues and two fixes and have now been able to do the update. The new software is soooooooooooooooo COOL!! :highly_amused:

1. Copy the file in Xloader named "libusb0.dll" to your AvrdudeR directory.

2. Move the 2.0 hex update file "SimpleBGC_2_0b3" file to your desktop

3. Use AvrdudeR to do your update.

4. Enjoy the rest of your 9 hours and 45 minutes that you would have spent figuring this out..... Say take your wife out to dinner.... and a movie.:livid:

Teco

Nice men, I just got one, update was ok, now when I connect the gui and try to calibrate it says , sensor not connect, I have the new board with the white connecter, I don't if I need to solder anything like the Martinez one, witch one do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

PilotMan

Well...... two issues that I have run into was the wire length to the sensor board. Too long and it doesn't work.

Other is .... never connect the 5v line along with the pitch or roll RC input. Will blow up the sensor board. Just use the signal and ground pins.

I have both Martinez and Alexmos old style board with USB programmer board. Still same general design.

Nice men, I just got one, update was ok, now when I connect the gui and try to calibrate it says , sensor not connect, I have the new board with the white connecter, I don't if I need to solder anything like the Martinez one, witch one do you have?

Teco

never connect the 5v line along with the pitch or roll RC input. Will blow up the sensor board. Just use the signal and ground pins.
what do you mean? my wires are 9 inch and a half. how about yours? this is my board
showatt.php

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Interesting, I used Xloader to update all three of my Alexmos boards to 2.0 and it worked fine. Still says the update failed but that's a known bug in xloader and has no affect on the actual upload.

Ken

DennyR

Yep the new software rocks. With my indirect drive system the Martinez would not cut the mustard but the latest alexmos has the scope to reach the right settings.

Pilotman..... I see you have the Martinez board so perhaps you can shed some light on this opensource sw/fw/gui item........ I was under the impression that I could use the GUI to connect, configure etc. this board so I could implement the RC pitch override......When I connect confirms that connection is achieved. But when I attempt to configure any parameters, it seems the controller board is not getting the new data. Also when I attempt to do a firmware update to the controller board I get error messages........ Am I barking up the wrong tree, i.e., does this item require an Arduino system or is it 100% PC compatible? A most confusing product to say the least......
Well...... two issues that I have run into was the wire length to the sensor board. Too long and it doesn't work.

Other is .... never connect the 5v line along with the pitch or roll RC input. Will blow up the sensor board. Just use the signal and ground pins.

I have both Martinez and Alexmos old style board with USB programmer board. Still same general design.

PilotMan

Hi there,

Well..... The Martinez board is getting there but still has some issues to get up to par with the Alexmos. It has been a while since I messed with it since I got my Alexmos working last month and have been adapting it to my new gimbal and Nex-5.

No outside board is required to run the Martinez. The Ardunio is the chipset built in and the software is used to update the firmware is all.

When you talk about the pitch override, Im a little confused. There are settings for it on the GUI for the Martinez. The issue I have with the Martinez software is that there are not enough tuning perimeters. When you change one thing, it fixes one issue but creates another. Like sideways or lateral acceleration issues. Fix it by turning down your I value but then have other problems with speed reactions. It makes me crazy!! Now... the new GUI for the Alexmos has all that stuff in there and is very capable to be tuned for almost any situation. I would invest $150 in an Alexmos. It will save you about the same in cost for aspirin.

Sooooooooo....... Unless there just happens to be a new firmware and GUI that is out...... Im out of the Martinez for now.

Pilotman..... I see you have the Martinez board so perhaps you can shed some light on this opensource sw/fw/gui item........ I was under the impression that I could use the GUI to connect, configure etc. this board so I could implement the RC pitch override......When I connect confirms that connection is achieved. But when I attempt to configure any parameters, it seems the controller board is not getting the new data. Also when I attempt to do a firmware update to the controller board I get error messages........ Am I barking up the wrong tree, i.e., does this item require an Arduino system or is it 100% PC compatible? A most confusing product to say the least......

Thanks for your excellent feedback....... You are correct..... unless one has prior Arduino opensource code experience, it is not worth the time and effort to fix the Martinez.... which remains a work in progress..... not yet ready for international marketing...... shame on RCTimer for not making this clear. :upset:
Hi there,

Well..... The Martinez board is getting there but still has some issues to get up to par with the Alexmos. It has been a while since I messed with it since I got my Alexmos working last month and have been adapting it to my new gimbal and Nex-5.

No outside board is required to run the Martinez. The Ardunio is the chipset built in and the software is used to update the firmware is all.

When you talk about the pitch override, Im a little confused. There are settings for it on the GUI for the Martinez. The issue I have with the Martinez software is that there are not enough tuning perimeters. When you change one thing, it fixes one issue but creates another. Like sideways or lateral acceleration issues. Fix it by turning down your I value but then have other problems with speed reactions. It makes me crazy!! Now... the new GUI for the Alexmos has all that stuff in there and is very capable to be tuned for almost any situation. I would invest $150 in an Alexmos. It will save you about the same in cost for aspirin.

Sooooooooo....... Unless there just happens to be a new firmware and GUI that is out...... Im out of the Martinez for now.