Alexmos - Martinez - Advanced Calibration Procedure?

SMP

Have posted this question in several places and forums and realizing there is an information/understanding gap. Hoping this thread will develop a definitive answer.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DennyR
ADVANCED Calib. needs to be done in the right order finishing with the level. No need to write each one just hit calib. All other changes should be written after the change. You will know if the calib. was not successful because you will see cross axis mixing. i.e. your roll will change with a pitch or pan movement.

Bloody hell, now I'm really confused. Had an RCG answer saying yes, click Calib_acc and write after each face change...

I THINK this is what is supposed to happen. Looking at the front of the camera lens mounted on tray with the heli behind it:

Do a Basic first, level out tray, lens pointed forward and hit calib_acc and then write.

Then go to Position 1 (P1) Lens pointed back, and hit calib_acc and then write.

Then go to P2 - Lens pointed down, and hit calib_acc and then write.

Then go to P3 - Lens pointed forward - PICK UP HELI , TILT ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT, (Then rotate Heli till Camera faces Left - wtf), and hit calib_acc and then write.

Then go to P4 - Lens pointed forward - PICK UP HELI Flat - Rotate Heli 180 till you are at the back and camera is pointing towards where you are looking AND now tilt camera and heli pointing up at the ceiling, and hit calib_acc and then write.

Then go to P5 - Lens pointed forward - PICK UP HELI Flat - Tilt heli to the left - Now rotate heli till camera points to the right, and hit calib_acc and then write.

Now I'm pretty sure either I'm an idiot, this guy shot the pictures wrong, this is just the flat wrong process or D. All of the above.

I would think it would be
Calib_acc
Cam Forward
Cam Back
Cam Down
Cam Left
Cam Right
Write

WTF???????????:dejection: