Alex Mos brushless gimbal controller

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
thanks for posting the info Kilby. I tried ordering one but I'm away from home at the moment and Paypal wouldn't let me access my account!

Tomstoy2

Rotorjocky, I admire your wish to monitor poachers with a multi. My concern would be with your safety!
These things are not exactly silent. To be close enough to do so would put you in risk of being shot. Bullets fly with a hell of a lot more accuracy than multi's do.
To attempt to do what you propose would require a hell of a camera to get a definitive ID of the poacher without him hearing it and an even hell of a lot bigger multi to carry it.
Unless you guys got some very deep pockets or a government grant, to do so would really put you at risk!

RotorJockey

Too true! The Rangers get into fire-fights about once a month in one particular (enourmous) park. That is their lot. But the incidence needs to be increased as they've lost more than a hundred rhinos this year.
The use of MRs is hoped to achieve this; and to follow-up once the poachers gap it.
Flying time is onother big issue. MR teams will have to have a few machines for 'relief' purposes.
Definitive ID is not required, just need to find them using a few tricks, and then follow them. Early days yet!
I don't want to hog this thread on this subject, but thanks for all the input.

Kilby

Rotor Jockey, I think you might be better served with a long range fixed wing FPV set up. Team Black Sheep make some fantastic "rite wings" that would do a good job. Have you heard about the work Google is doing with fixed wing drones in Africa? They are very simular from what I hear.

Good luck!

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Will brushless motors get rid of the jittery movement that some servos exhibit? I am watching this development with interest because overall my experience with using servos to control the camera gimbal has not been a positive one. One of the videos with the brushless motors looked a bit jerky to me but I know it is still early on to expect perfect results.