Alarm on multicopter during emergency situations (failsafe) by law

Bison

In Denmark and Finland FAA regulations are going to require alarm sound during emergency situation,

When the multi-copter goes into failsafe. the alarm should sound on the aircraft not less than 100db in strength...

Anybody know how can I wire and trigger this ????

I have the futaba t14sg

maxwelltub

Not a bad idea in theory. I had to replace the buzzer on my lipo battery charger and it was pretty straight forward. You'll have to find the right size buzzer, but many run of 5-12 volts. So I would guess you'll need a bec or voltage regulator and an rc relay switch. You can just set that relay switch to the same channel as your failsafe. At least in theory but I haven't done this before. So if your failsafe is through Sbus, you might be able to plug the relay into the same channel on via the traditional servo port. Again this is just my guess you might need to do some tinkering.

cootertwo

Not a terrible idea, might help in retrieving a lost craft too. However, I hate being told what to do. The governments have their hands full, trying to figure out what to do about this new hobby, that has taken the world by surprise. I think there has been too many sold world wide, to try to outlaw them, so they are trying to catch up with rules and regulations. Say for instance, you could buy one of those Segway 2 wheel things, for $400 or so. Everybody would have one, and be zipping up and down the streets. So, the gobment would come along, and require a license, tag, insurance, etc. etc. Just my 2 cents.

vispaaja

It's being considered by the Finnish Transport Safety Agency 'Trafi' at the moment and we shall see in May what the changes will be..

The proposed bill also included the following:

- No flying over crouds
- No flying during dark hours
- No flying closer than 150m (492 ft) away from densely populated areas
- Maximum take off weight 20kg (44lb)
- Maximum altitude 120m (393 ft)
- Maximum distance 500m (1640 ft)
- Parachute mandatory for 5+ kg (11+ lb) multicopters
- Mandatory TX/RX signal quality monitoring
- Radio link protected from magnetic interference (difficult, since EU already bans high power transmitters)
- Alarm sound mandatory during failsafe situations
- Maybe a lisence needed? Not sure yet.

This will mean a lot of extra expenses for aerial businesses.