Air Ambulance Service via Multirotor!

gtranquilla

RadioActive
What do others on this forum think of this concept? IMHO - At this time a remote landing even with waypoint would most likely result in a crash and there is the risk of hitting someone at the landing area. But it might still be possible to remotely lower and release the AED at the target location.

Old Man

It is indeed. Fake suicide vest anyway:) I spent a lot of time in different "sand boxes" and came across that particular picture in Iraq. I've been using it as an avatar at another site for years and figured might as well just use it everywhere I like to frequent.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
It is indeed. Fake suicide vest anyway:) I spent a lot of time in different "sand boxes" and came across that particular picture in Iraq. I've been using it as an avatar at another site for years and figured might as well just use it everywhere I like to frequent.
Excellent!!!!

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
On a practical level, I wonder how many cardiac emergencies requiring an AED happen outdoors in proximity of a trained medical professional.
I'm not sure this is a "killer app" for UAVs (pardon the pun).

And I'm sure the ambulance chaser robotic lawyer drone will be close behind to make sure all applicable people are sued forthwith. :mad:

Old Man

You really don't know how bad your medical condition is until the lawyer speaks up... I tend to agree the number of medical cases this kind of activity would ever be involved in would likely be very small but it's a great way to leverage a politician into looking favorably on multirotors. Lousy business plan but who wants to get in the way of an entrepreneur?