Aeroxcraft Landing gear suggestions.

Fat Corgi

To all of those that are running a DJI F550 with the nifty AeroXcraft landing gear, I wanted to know if you have found that due to the design, with your camera and gimbal mounted so far out from the body on the metal rails, that any vibrations from the platform are amplified down those rails? I am currently hunting vibrations and thought that the cantilevered design of the landing gear may have an a negative effect on vibrations experienced in the footage. You can see what I mean in the attached picture.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• F550.jpg
    F550.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 171

ferdy55

yo corgi
try getting the vibration dampening kit with the silicone bits instead of the rubber ones
i get no vibrations/jello
ferd

ferdy55

Thanks ferdy.
What props are you running on your multi rotor, and what is it? 450, 550, etc.
Cheers
T

at the moment i am using 1038's with 4s lipos on a 550 that has also got
iosd mini
boscam tx
can hub/bus
zenmuse 2 axis gimbal
gopro 3+
definitely try the silicone dampening kit
you will be very pleased
ferd

Mojave

I have almost the set up minus the iOSD plus Futaba telemetry including the silicon damper kit. I also hang 2 6000 mAh 4S batteries opposite the camera on the rails. With this and the silicone; vibrations are not a problem. I also carefully balance my 1038 props.

at the moment i am using 1038's with 4s lipos on a 550 that has also got
iosd mini
boscam tx
can hub/bus
zenmuse 2 axis gimbal
gopro 3+
definitely try the silicone dampening kit
you will be very pleased
ferd

Fat Corgi

So I got the silicone dampers, and they seem to be doing the trick.

Mojave, how far forward is your gimbal on the aeroxcraft rails to balance the 2 6000mah lipo's, and what sort of flight time are you getting?

Mojave

There is about 7 inches from the tip of the rail to the closest grommet on the landing gear. The gimbal slider is about 1/4 inch from the end of the rail. Remember that I am using 2 4S 6000 mAh batteries, so the position is very much dependent on which accessories you use. I wanted my GoPro way out there. I have gotten 18 minute flights when I started, now I get about 12 to 14 minutes - the windier the shorter the flight. I try to keep some spare electrons in case of unforeseen issues.

So I got the silicone dampers, and they seem to be doing the trick.

Mojave, how far forward is your gimbal on the aeroxcraft rails to balance the 2 6000mah lipo's, and what sort of flight time are you getting?