Advice please on hexacopter

Andy03

Hi,
I want to build (or have built) a multirotor to carry 0.5kg of cameras - these would be something like a Canon S120 + multispec camera, or a thermal infrared camera. I desperately want the copter to be less than 7kg, preferably fly for up to 10min. I already have use of a Cinestar 8/Wookong M octocopter, which works great, but want something lighter.
Please give comments/thoughts on:
DJI S900 (reason - I want at least 6 rotors for reliability, I assume 8 would weigh too much. I reckon the Cinestar 6 is discontinued? However, I don't need a retracting undercarriage - would I save weight by omitting it and fitting simple legs? Or are there better options?)
Wookong M - happy with it, think I understand it, why learn a new system (or is A2 better? - any other options?)
Gimbal - I want the copter for photogametry, so don't necessarily need stabilization, and I need adaptability so I can fit different camera. I currently have a Freely gimbal with Radeon stabilization - again, not sure this is still available, but any thoughts on having a simple similar gimbal, but no power/stabilization and rely on gravity to keep it pointing straight down?
Batteries - as big as possible that keep it under 7kg.
I'd also include osd and video downlinks that would add a bit of weight.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated!
Many thanks
Andy