Advice on 3kg lifter

cs8

I'm planing to build a new multirotor for 3kg payload.
It should run on 6s and should be reasonably priced. And it will run od DJI wkm.

What do you guys suggest?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
3 kg of payload on top of the heli and batteries? That probably puts you in the 7 kg all-up range. That's possible with the MT 4008-18 motors and 6S packs. The big question is if the Tiger ESC's will handle the 4008-18 motors on a multi-rotor without losing sync and causing it to drop from the sky. I've got those motors and the Tiger ESC's on order so I can answer this for myself, so far what I've done on the bench has worked fine. You'd probably want 13" props with the room to go to 14 if necessary. What range of temperatures and altitudes will you be operating in?

Can't comment on how the DJI will take to it.

Bart

cs8

Hi,
yes the camera would be max 3kg.
I was thinking to go with 8x DJI s800 motors. But they are quite expensive. I found some clones, but I don't know if I could trust them.

FerdinandK

If the camera itself has 3kg how do you plan to mount the camera? This will raise the payload much higher, assuming you want to be able to move the camera with a gimbal.

best regards

Ferdinand

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I would like to save some money in this build

To carry what value of camera... saving money in that weight class should not even be on the radar.

Geoff at Quadcopter UK has some pretty BIG motors that he sourced to replace the DJI ones.. Give him a PM I am sure he can help on that side of things

Dave

nytram

My Vulcan runs at 11kg when I have it fully loaded.

I'm using dji Woking and waypoint. Tiger motors 3515's on a 1200 x 900 frame. I have loads of lift, I posted a clip yesterday running at 6kg. Lifts on 30% throttle @ 6 k. Using 12" cheap props

The great thing about the frame is its nice a simple and it must be the strongest about!

Martyn

Dale UK

Martyn

love the concept of yr Vulcan - just been looking at their website - overlooked this system until you pointed it out.

Couple of questions:

What batteries fit nicely on the tray - what do you use ..... 5000mAh 6S x1 or x2?
You said your frame was 1200 x 900 - seems like they do both 1200 and 900 - have you combined both?
Cheap props? are they HK own brand Multirotor?

Thanks, Dale

Which UK Dealer do you use? UAVshop or Prorota?

My Vulcan runs at 11kg when I have it fully loaded.

I'm using dji Woking and waypoint. Tiger motors 3515's on a 1200 x 900 frame. I have loads of lift, I posted a clip yesterday running at 6kg. Lifts on 30% throttle @ 6 k. Using 12" cheap props

The great thing about the frame is its nice a simple and it must be the strongest about!

Martyn

nytram

Hi

I got mine from Alex at uavshop (nice chap) at first I was going 900 mm but found out I could not fit 15" props and 1200 all round would not fit in the car... So it became square. I had a few dings in the first place and got fead up buying new carbon props at 16£ each so decided to continue my setting up with cheap 12" from giant shark @ 70p each! My flying issues have been resolved and I'm looking at going back to the 15" I have to say anyone starting out save your cash and use these cheap props to save a little cash.

I use 6s x 2. 5800 ma when flying for fun and x4 when fully loaded.. The tmotors pull a load of current, and I have tested with one and it gets to hot for my liking..

The Vulcan comes with a battery carrier that takes two 5000- 8000 ma type batteries however I have modified my gimbals to take 4 when needed..

I have had a few dings (one very big one) and I have yet to damage the Vulcan frame..

Your welcome lo look at mine if your near.. I'm in Somerset until the 1st then east of Leeds for January..

Last edited by a moderator:

Electro 2

I bought one of the Foxtech 1100s, we'll see what falls out of the box when it gets here. Sprung for his motors, too.