Advice - New Storm 6 vs New DJI F550 (Helipal RTF)

UberDawg66

Looking to buy my first multi-rotor and would appreciate some advice. I have a decent budget (upto $800-$1000 entry) and believe RTF is the best path for my first copter.

I've done some reading and research and really think I want either Helipal's Storm Drone 6 V3 Naza V2 ($699) or the DJI F550 Naza V2 ($799) - both RTF. These seem like very attractive packages with full Naza control, GPS, and a RadioLink 9 Ch Tx, and good thrust/power. I'd rather invest more upfront and get a platform that is expandable later if I want to tinker.

Could some more experienced flyers enlighten me on the key differences between the F550 and the Storm 6 platforms? I definitely like the new E305 motor system on the DJI...couldn't find much detail on the Storm motors. Can both platforms be upgraded with stronger motors and longer range electronics? Is the F550 the clear choice for just $100 more? Is the lack of aftermarket support for Storm 6 a major concern or are most parts (except frame) interchangeable with F550? I assume F550 would be easiest to resell if I lose interest?

Lastly, what about a USED F550 with similar configuration? Can you save $200+ going used? I inquired about a few used listings but most don't have the new E305 propulsion or they had lots of extras that I dont need. I can be patient though if used might be a better route.

Hope thats not too many questions. Thanks in advance!

Mike