advice for a build around a blackmagic micro camera

Here is a pic btw
e604d42fae2ba8769d202918da0ad39d.jpg
Just waiting for a few more things then I'm done. Want it to be solid by the time the camera comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I attempted a maiden flight but it was hard to control and tipped over once. One of the bearings from the motors dislodged. I took it home and repaired it. Re attempted flight and it was about 4 feet high and started spinning uncontrollably. I landed safe but lost my skids (plastic part broke). I checked the props to assure the cw and ccw was correct. Any suggestions?

Here is a video of the flight...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0k1ces3bq4l1tg/GOPR1438.MP4?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
@Brooklyn Fly Guy Hate to say it but that frame sucks. I have it and did a heavy lift quad with it. With a WKM that I have flown on several machines I could not get a good tune. I finally got it to fly "decently" and when I hit the landing gear, the wind hitting the rising gear caused an un controllable spin and caused the rig to crash. The main plates seem way to flexible to me... and I only had a QUAD. Ditch the frame and get something better!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Also, watching your video, something is wrong. The Tarot uses the "all top props the same CW, all bottom props the same CCW" method of doing an X8. I think your props are put on wrong.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Yea.. sorry, but all the same top and ten the opposite but all the same bottom.
Id those are all correct, did you calibrate the compass? IMU in the right direction?
Motors all spinning properly?

Yep. In the ZYX-M software there is a spot where you can test the motors. That's where I verified my direction. I always calibrate before 1st flight of the session/location. GPS and flight controller arrows are pointing toward the nose. In the software I'm gonna try to calibrate the accelerometer, but I'm lost.