Mikrokopter Adjusting MK FC to Increase Stability in Wind

Vortex

I have been chasing my tail trying to get the FC to hold in gusting wind and decided to change the settings back and ask for help.

I guess the thing which has been confusing me the most is the relationship between the onboard sensors and the GPS.

Next question......

Alt Hold......When I switch Alt Hold on the copter climbs and I have to pull the stick back......The opposite happens when I switch it off. What should I be looking for and adjusting to get it to sit there when I switch it on

Where should I start and what should I be adjusting.

Thanks.

Lance

MK FC2.5
MK Nav2.0
MK GPS

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Do you have the level set to 127 or zero? You should set the level to zero so that it locks in wherever you have the throttle.

Holger

Well, that depends if he uses a centring spring or not..
If you use a self centring stick 127, if no spring 0 ( on the throttle that is)
Have you checked that in MK tool that all Channels have the right centre / end points at 0/127/254 and the trims are centred?

Is the baro sensor covered in foam?

I don't really understand what you mean with:

I guess the thing which has been confusing me the most is the relationship between the onboard sensors and the GPS.

Well the FC has the gyros, accelerometers,compass and baro sensors which do the stabilisation, control inputs and the altitude hold.
The Navi board does the navigation,GPS hold, fail safe and coming home as well as waypoint flying, so all things related to navigation

Give us more input, what frame, engines weight, remote..
What exactly is the copter doing in wind?