Aeronavics / Droidworx AD6HLE with Photohigher 360 Pan kit and legs.

Hi All I have a bit of a head scratcher here. I have built an AD6HLE complete with the Photohigher 360 Pan kit. Two man crew.

The AD6HLE has Wookong M Spektrum RC, DX8 & AR8000, AXI 2814/22's and 40AMP ESC.

The 360 lower half is AV200 with the Photohigher 360 Pan kit and legs. It also has Skyline RSGS, Spektrum AR6210-X Rx with DX6i Tx along with 5.8 video tx and a Freefly HDMI converter. The 360 setup is powered from a 2200 Lipo with a UBEC in toe.

With the lower half switched off the AD6 fly's fine, nice and stable and locks on to GPS with a minimum of drift. All good. However when the 360 is all powered up the AD6 shakes like a mad thing. I still have flight control but it would shake itself to bits. So I land it, Switch off the 360 rig and the AD6 flies fine agin.

Its a puzzle.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some pictures of how it's setup would help.
Try with the 5.8 tx switched off. Next I would try with the pan servo disconnected and go from there.

Thanks Red. I have disconnected the pan servo. Still shakes. Disconnected the 5.8 tx still shakes. Disconnected the HDMI still shakes. Connected everything backup but with the main plug pulled out of the Skyline. No shake... Oh hum.

tppeng

I don't think this has anything to do with your 5.8GHz or HDMI converter or even pan servo. This is a problem with Skyline Settings

Check to see if your AV200 is balanced on all three axis by removing all the belts and rock the whole gimbal around by holding the battery holder to see if it has any tendencies of off-CoG. Then check your skyline gains and perhaps drop them down lower. By the way, have you ground tested your gimbal? I hang my AD8HL with strings and rock the copter around (as well as panning) to assimilate the maneuvers of MR.

I had mine gain set wildly high initially(value from 1.1.7fw) so the hole gimbal when lifting off the ground just wobbles like hell. I was lucky to bring it back in one piece. Then I took my steps to make sure the gimbal can function properly with a perfect FC environment(Hang by string). With the 1.2.2 firmware, new harness, and dummy pots I can say I have very nice stabilization.

EDIT:

You have to make sure your MR's CoG is perfectly centered, as well as your AV200's CoG, then you may start playing around with the gains. I did notice on my AD8 that the structure between gimbal and the gear rail to be very soft. so I opted to use cable ties to strap the gear rail to my pan mechanism which stiffs everything up a bit. I am having a satisfactory result so I would suggest to give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Tppeng. I balanced the camera and set the gains in the Skyline on the bench before attaching it to the AD6. After eliminating everything out of the equation, and like you found, it was the Skyline roll gains that were too high. I have reduced them and issue with the WKM going unstable has now gone. But the amount of gain on roll is now too low.

Your description of the shake is quite apt I will try and stiffen up the AD6 to the gear rail as well.

Thanks again for everyones suggestions.

Regards

Andrew