A2 with Spektrum Sats - failsafe issues

kenny.c

Hi there

Ive got my DSM2 sat connected and everything mapped fine...but I dont seem to be able to get the fail safe to function as described in the instructions....When I turn the radio off the assistant isnt showing it going into failsafe...??

Anyone else come across this problem..?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Ken

Tahoe Ed

Do you see the loss of RC in Assistant? If so you are in Failsafe. You can also confirm by disconnecting from Assistant and turn off the Tx, with the props off. the LED should flash rapid purple. That is also failsafe.

rocjock

Ed, same issue as OP. But I read your post and indeed get RC lost. My LED actually flashes blue which corresponds to what I believe is blue in the manual. Can you confirm that Failsafe is rapid blinking blue?

DLien

Has anyone seen this error message outside the assistant software when testing the failsafe?

========================
Error
The receiver may be disconnected during use. For the external receiver users, please check the receiver connections. For the A2 built-in receiver users, please contact your dealer.
========================

I get this after switching my transmitter off and confirming the "loss of RC" message in Assistant testing the failsafe. After switching the transmitter back on, the "loss of RC" message in Assistant goes away but this error message appears. I am guessing it is there as something of a log of past errors.

Any suggestions on what, if anything should be done about this?

BTW I am using the DSM2 connection with 2 Sat's in place.