A2 strange behavior?

pipeek

Hello guys,

I was searching for this on forum, but didn't find solution. If there is a thread about it just tell me I'm a bad at searching and point me to the thread please ;)

I am new to drones, A2 and all of this stuff, and have a question. My company bought X8 drone, we went testing it yesterday and strange thing happened. Our pilot (who was flying s900 before) did check on switches (before motors were started) and after switching go home channel 2 times drone just turned engines on and started to fly up. There was no contact with it - drone didn't respond to any commands (we grabbed its legs and waited until engines turned off).

We decided to disassemble rotors and check what happened. Now we don't know if it is bug or future or we are doing something wrong. Always after switching go home switch 2 times engines start to work and try to lift up. It can be switched off by going to ATTI mode and then turning off motors positioning sticks in right positions.

Is it normal or we are doing something wrong ? Just remember it happens even without turning engines on.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Sounds tyo me like it went into RTH. Check switches and switch throw. I had the same issue, and found that my ATTI position had bumped a bit during programming and was actually triggering RTH. And if your GPS has not locked yet, it will just hover and float in the wind.

I grabbed the gear and got it down just like you. After a long eyeball I realized that ATTI was actually triggering RTH. I adjusted the radio steins on the GUI and it was perfect.. no issues.

pipeek

Thank you for reply.. We will check it tomorrow.

ps. In our case it was really hard to hold it down - it is heavy lift X8 and it was really scary ;)