A2 Manual mode; comparable to APM stabilize or acro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has APM and A2 experience I would like to know if the A2 manual mode is stabilized yes or no. The manual doesn't clearly describe manual mode; at least it is not clear to me.
I am accustomed to APM and new to A2. The APM has stabilized mode which keeps the copter level and is controlled through the sticks very predictably. There is also an acro mode which is a bit trickier to fly. Before taking off with my new A2 in manual mode I would like to have some expectation.
Here are the corresponding descriptions.
APM
Acro mode: (Rate mode) uses the RC sticks to control the angular velocity of the copter. Release the sticks and the vehicle will maintain its current attitude and will not return to level. Acro mode is useful for acrobatics such as flips, or FPV when smooth and fast control is desired.
Stabilize Mode: Pilot’s roll and pitch input control the lean angle of the copter. When the pilot releases the roll and pitch sticks the vehicle automatically levels itself.
A2
Yaw:
Control the aircraft to rotate in clockwise and counter clockwise direction. Maximum rudder
angular velocity 150°/s
Roll and Pitch:
Max-angular velocity is 150°/s. No attitude angle limit.
Throttle:
No altitude locking when the throttle stick is in mid position.
All Sticks Released:
Keep original attitude.
Thanks,

plex

Tahoe Ed

Manual with the A2 is Gyros only. No accelerometers or baro, which means no self leveling or altitude hold. You are flying this sucker!!

Status
Not open for further replies.