A2 LED Sequences

Dave_EP

I'm looking at page 48 of the A2 flight controller manual, Appendix - LED Indicator Descriptions.

My A2 is giving a sequence of 2x purple followed by 3x purple (the sequence repeats).

1x Purple = GPS ATTI
2x Purple = GPS ATTI Sticks not centred.
3x Purple = ???

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hmm normally that would be 2 flahses for sticks not centred and 6 flashes to indicate your are less than 8m from home point. What firmware are you on?

Carapau

Im puzzled as to what 3 is (sorry, I changed my post at about the time you posted your last one).

Do you have any video of what's happening?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_EP

Im puzzled as to what 3 is (sorry, I changed my post at about the time you posted your last one).

Do you have any video of what's happening?

I try grabbing some tomorrow if we get chance to go out again, but it's a definite ** *** ** *** sequence and the two make sense but the three don't.

Dave_EP

Since I'm never seeing the 6 flashes ever, only 3, perhaps this has changed in firmware? Anyone else seeing this?

Carapau

Im stumped then. I suspect it is telling you that you are within your 8m but it shouldn't be three flashes I wonder in @Tahoe Ed can shed any light

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
regarding the first two flashes, were the sticks centered when it was happening?

Dave_EP

When the sticks are centred it's 1 flash then the 4 flash sequence.

If the sticks are not centred it gives the 2 flashes then the same 4 flash sequence.

I originally thought it was only 3 flashes, but playing the video back frame by frames it's actually 4, but definitely not 6 as per the manual.

Carapau

Dave, I wonder if it is worth trying another DJI A2 LED. The flashing didn't look that even there and I am pretty sure that it is telling you that you are less than 8m from home point. To confirm this, next time you fly, get in flashing as in the video and then fly away. If it stops we know that this is what it is at least trying to indicate.

Dave_EP

It does only happen within the 8m region (give or take), so I'm pretty sure that's what it is, just odd it's only 4 flashes not 6. I'll see if I can grab more video.

Carapau

Where abouts are you flying at the moment? If I am passing I might be able to bring a spare A2 LED to try or if you are heading past Scotch Corner we can give it a try at my gaff if that would help.