147.8 KB · Views: 368
  • g0014486.jpg
    g0014486.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Sure Ocean, K index was low this day.
Crash happened on the 13/7 at about 3pm local time.
Bogota sits at 4°40'45 N / 74°2'39" O

Matt, not near my computer right now (out in the middle of some forest). Yeah, that's why I asked: wanted to see what the K index was for that day.

However, K-índex was indeed quite high that day. Not to imply that's the causal issue here (I am working on sort of a theory, though).
Here's the text file from that week:

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/daily-geomagnetic-indices.txt

On your day it was over 5 and even 6... Not good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey Matt,

I don't think it's the K-index. I think it's the A2.

I personally still use Wookong as the A2 had so many problems in the past.

I forgot in this long thread, did you recover the aircraft? Was the GPS puck and IMU still attached? If the puck or IMU became dislodged it would cause these symptoms.

Any weird little microwave transmitters around you? Those tightly focused drum ones will fry your electronics if you pass in front of the beam.

Great showreel by the way! :)

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Hey Ben, I think the same and Andrew's fantastic analysis shows that there's a mix of everything. I did recover the aircraft and yes everything's in place. We don't have microwaves over here. Puck was in place as well. Your show reel is also great, I love England, having grown up in London.

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
There's a DJI customer service ? Yeah, like I said, our S900 has been very good to us, we made money with it and impressed our clients. The new one should be here next week.