A2 Compass, satellite or magnetic?

Hi everyone, yesterday I had some problems with the GPS/compass of my platform. Since I'm taking off and landing from a 90 meters metal ship I'm trying to understand if it has to do with it or it was just the strong solar activity of yesterday's afternoon.

Do you know if the A2 compass is a magnetic or satellite compass?
Any idea if a big ship like this could somehow cause problems to DJI GPS/compass? It would be strange since I already did around 20 flights with no problems at all! :dejection:

You think the combination of the metal ship and the storm is why the previous flights were fine and suddenly no?

Do you any material I could wrap around the GPS-Compass antenna to prevent problems while storing in the ship or transporting close to high magnetic fields?

Thank you very much!

Tahoe Ed

Calibrate your compass before every flight. Take off from a hand held launch and catch it by hand when you land. The compass can be effected when you store it in a car trunk. I have even had a report of problems when left in a hybrid car.

Calibrate your compass before every flight. Take off from a hand held launch and catch it by hand when you land. The compass can be effected when you store it in a car trunk. I have even had a report of problems when left in a hybrid car.

I don't know, man. If it's a phantom, or 450mm multirotor, maybe. Trying to hand-grab a landing on a bobbing ship, with a six to eight rotor 800mm+ multi, with gimbal, 15+in carbon props, and 10,000mah battery (or more), could leave a mark, you know... Wear gloves and helmet.

Tahoe Ed

The OP asked for suggestions to minimize interference. I didn't say I would personally do it. I would have the designated idiot with a suit of armor do it. :nevreness: