A2 antenna replacement???

Pumpkinguy

one of my tips is broken on the built in antennas. can anyone confirm they are just a u.fl connector inside? if so, I will just order replacements from futaba as I'm sure dji will want to sell me the entire module. lol

I know there is another option of adding a sbus reciever but I dont want to go that route. I also don't want to strip the antenna back and reattach that brass tube. They are too short already. thx.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well don't try to replace them yourself...
My ****** ******* ******* cat ate my A2's antenna. I had another FUT 2.4 rec laying around. So I opened it up and popped off the antennas.
They came right off with a little pop. I opened up the A2 and there was black glue all around the antennas where they popped on. I carefully picked at it and removed the glue from around the antenna. Pried on the little "pop tab" and it ripped the base right off. There was glue inside the connection.

I am more than pissed right now, and my wife may come home to find our house has no cats in it.

WHY would they glue them in?!?!? There is no need for that.

So I am currently on the horn with DJI service WAITING to find out how long this mess is going to take.

One X8 grounded.... :(

Pumpkinguy

They use a silicon on almost every connection in their equipment. Same with phantom antenna in the TX that I upgraded. I had to carefully remove the adhesive.

Please let me know what they say. I emailed them and they said to call. Just haven't had time yet.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
HOLY HELL DUDE...

THIS BLOWS.

6 - 8 weeks minimum turn around.
SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

I'm gonna go puke now.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• WANTED.jpg
    WANTED.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 357

Bryharv

I had a tip break off as well. Faulty design apparently as the brass tubes create a lever effect that causes the tips to fatigue and break off just above where the filament enters the brass tube.
Easy fix though. Forget about the brass tube. Do you see that on the WKM or NAZA?
Just cut both antennae back below the brass tube and then CAREFULLY trim the shielding back away from the filament to the correct and identical exposed tip length - same as it was before. I have done this on my machine and flown many many flights at great distance with no ill effects.