A2 and 900mhz data link, will it work?

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
I seem to only be able to find info on the 2.4ghz datalink and the A2, no mention of the 900mhz unit, seems they only recommend that for the WKM?
So can an A2 work with the 900mhz datalink? thanks for any advice.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I have the same question...... Maybe [MENTION=736]Tahoe Ed[/MENTION] can answer this question...... my 900Mhz is still sitting in a box ready to use.... only tested it out for ground training with a WKM..... would like to use it on with the A2 now.

I seem to only be able to find info on the 2.4ghz datalink and the A2, no mention of the 900mhz unit, seems they only recommend that for the WKM?
So can an A2 work with the 900mhz datalink? thanks for any advice.

Tahoe Ed

I have the same question...... Maybe @Tahoe Ed can answer this question...... my 900Mhz is still sitting in a box ready to use.... only tested it out for ground training with a WKM..... would like to use it on with the A2 now.

I no longer have my 900mHz Data Link. I gave it to a friend then I got the 2.4gHz with BT. I never liked the PC program. Before I sent it off, I tested it on my A2. That was almost a year ago and many firmware upgrades. All I can say was that it worked then, I don't know about now. If you have one, try it on the bench first.

Tahoe Ed

AirShooter,

Good to know. As I said, that was many versions of the firmware ago. I have requested that DJI look at this again because they confirmed to me that it did work. I have also requested that the person that has my 900mHz Data Link test on his A2. If he does not have time, I will get it back to test.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLien

Hmm.... i was using on the first flight to monitor voltage levels, did have telemetry working yet. I didn't try a flight with was connected but didn't have any indications that it wouldn't work. Path Trace worked just fine.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Thanks Ed...... sounds like a green light for my A2 with latest firmware and the old LK900 GCS system.
With my custom high gain roof mounted omni antenna I should be able to get well beyond 10 kilometers which is more than adequate for a Multirotor.

I got an email back from DJI and theirs is working.

Tahoe Ed

I have mine coming back to me for more testing. This has come up multiple times and I want to put it to bed.